Home | Meetings & Events | Past Events | Event
PLAN Jeffco announced a series of events in September & October 2016 to celebrate the beauty of Jefferson County Open Space parks—
About PLAN Jeffco: 1972–2015
CITIZENS AND GOVERNMENT INTERACTING TO CONSERVE OPEN SPACE LANDS
- An all-volunteer, non-profit citizen organization based in Jefferson County, Colorado.
- An advocate for the formal conservation of key lands as protected open space since 1972.
- Authored and successfully campaigned for the Open Space Resolution ballot initiative that established a half of one percent sales tax in Jefferson County, which funds open space acquisition.
- Laid the groundwork to establish the award-winning Jefferson County Open Space program.
- Spearheaded the 1998 Bond Election that resulted in the doubling of Open Space acreage.
- Continually provides citizen monitoring and impetus for new Open Space program directions.
- Believes that publicly owned and preserved open space is a cornerstone of any good land use policy.
- Provides an important citizen educational function.
- Has hosted conferences, annual meetings and citizen workshops on many topics including one that focused on the economic benefits of open space protection and what future impacts should be considered during the next 40 years of conservation.
- Routinely produces articles about signifi can't county, state and national conservation issues that appear in social media, on our website and in our quarterly newsletters.
Read more about What We Do »
PLAN JEFFCO STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
- To relentlessly advocate for Jefferson County’s Open Space Park system, now 55,000 acres strong, with more than 220 miles of trails and still growing.
- To engage directly with county staff, elected offi cials and other citizen groups, to ensure that local government continues to respect the wishes of the voters who, in 1972, voted to tax themselves so that they could protect and enjoy some of the most beautiful and
ecologically important lands in the Central Rocky Mountain area.
PLAN JEFFCO VISION
We envision a Jefferson County that preserves and connects open spaces which benefit wildlife, ecosystems, recreation, economic vitality and quality of life.
PLAN JEFFCO MISSION
PLAN Jeffco works to preserve open space in a manner consistent with our core conservation values by educating and motivating citizens, monitoring government agencies, advocating and working with aligned associations and citizens.
Read more about our Vision, Mission, & Guiding Principles »
* PLAN Jeffco is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization; all contributions to PLAN Jeffco are tax-deductible. Proceeds from your sponsorship of In Plein Sight™ will help PLAN Jeffco continue its successful efforts to conserve our open space lands.
Join us—become a Sponsor today: Sponsorship Form »